It is more blessed to give than to receive! Do you believe that this Christmas season? Whether we give our money, our time or our talents, giving is what Jesus wants us to do! Take time to bless others by spreading kindness this season. As you do, people will notice that there is something special about the people of God and His name will be made known.
“And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”Acts 20:35
Here are 10 ways you can spread kindness this Christmas season:
- Put together a care basket for your postal carriers with an encouraging note. It’s the busiest time of the year for the postal service, so what better way to show them the love of Jesus than to encourage them while they work!
- Bake cookies and bring them to your neighbors with a note of encouragement.
- Leave a generous tip for your local barista with a verse that reminds you of the gift of Christmas.
- Put a $5 gift card on a stranger’s windshield.
- Compliment a coworker. Tell someone at work that you see and appreciate their hard work!
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-through or checkout line.
- Bring dinner to a friend or neighbor who may be feeling lonely this time of year.
- Donate quality clothes or belongings that you no longer need.
- Mail a handwritten letter to a loved one you won’t be able to see this Christmas. Tell them how grateful you are to have them in your life and share a word of encouragement with them for this season.
- Buy warm winter clothing to donate to those experiencing homelessness.