Serve Our Community
Operation Christmas Child and Angel Tree
Operation Christmas Child
Help us pack 4,700 shoeboxes for kids around the world! Operation Christmas Child delivers great joy and the Good News of Jesus Christ to children in need around the world through gift-filled shoeboxes. Each box packed full of quality toys, school supplies and personal care items becomes a tangible expression of God’s immense love for the child.
For many, it is their first gift ever!
Build your shoebox at home and return it to your campus lobby the weekend of November 4 & 5!
How to pack a shoebox
- Find a Shoebox– Start with an average-size cardboard or plastic shoebox. If you want to wrap it, cover the box and lid separately. You can use your own shoeboxes or order our colorful preprinted ones, available in both cardboard and plastic. These sturdy options hold up well and can be lasting gifts in themselves for children to store cherished items.
- Fill it with Gifts– Select a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items and school supplies. Don’t forget to also include a personal note and photo—sometimes these are the child’s favorite things to receive!
- Pray– Most importantly, “pray without ceasing” (1 Thess. 5:17) for the child who will receive your shoebox gift. Please also pray for their family to also be receptive to the Good News of Jesus Christ, the pastor of the church who delivers your shoebox gift and their community to be transformed by the Gospel.
- Donate $10 per Shoebox– A donation of $10 per box is critical to cover shipping and other project costs. For easiest processing, you can give online through our Label Options or Ways to Give pages, or by mailing a check in the postage-paid envelope available in our print brochure. If you use an online option on the Labels page, you can Follow Your Box and discover the destination of your gift.
- Drop Off– Build your shoebox at home and return it to your campus lobby the weekend of November 4 & 5!
How to participate online
In just a few simple clicks, you can bring joy to the heart of a child by selecting toys and other fun items for a shoebox. You can even include a letter and photo if you’d like! Click below to build a box online.
Angel Tree Christmas equips churches and other organizations to restore and strengthen relationships between incarcerated parents and their children and families. Every Christmas, Angel Tree mobilizes local churches and organizations to minister to hundreds of thousands of children by sharing the Gospel through a purchased gift, a prayer and a personal message of love on behalf of their mom or dad behind bars.
How to participate
- Sign up for Angel Tree by clicking your campus link below. Registration is open from October 14 through November 5.
- Return your new gift(s) in an open gift bag to the Serve Our Community collection area in your campus lobby by December 10.
How to Participate Online
Your generosity will make a difference in an Angel Tree Child(s) by showing the love of Jesus and helping them know they are valued, unlocking their potential for a brighter future! Click the button below to donate.
How to Volunteer
If you are not in a position to buy a gift but would like to be involved in this ministry, there are other volunteer opportunities available! (registration, sorting, shopping, wrapping and/or delivering). Complete the form below to get involved.